Human blood for transfussion is the only form of treatment that cannot be manufactured. It is only possible if blood from kindhearted people is available. Blood donors are consired as modern heroes who care enough to share their blood and spend thier time in order to save another person's life.
Basic requirement of a potential blood donor:
- weight-110 lbs. (50 kgs.) or more
- pulse rate-between 60-100 bpmwith regular rhythm
- blood presure-90/60 to 160/100
- hemoglobin-at least 125 g/l
1. Before blood donation
- You will be asked to fill up a donor's form upon arrival at the blood collection site;
- A trained professional staff will ask questions regarding your health history;
- A trained professional staff will give pre-donation education and counseling;
- Your weight, blood pressure and pulse rate will be checked
- A physian will examine you;
- A small sample of your blood will be taken to check your hemoglobin level.
- screening and selection procedure will usually take about 10-15 minutes. You are encouraged to give accurate data for your own safety and that of the recipient. all information gathered will be treated with utmost confidentiality.
- You will be asked to lie down on blood donors couch for blood collection, which will be done by a skilled phlebotamist;
- A physian will determine the amount of blood, which will be taken;
- This will take another 10-15 minutes.
- You will be advised to rest for 10 minutes or more minutes;
- Beverage and simple snacks will be served;
- Post donation a trained professional staff will give donation education and counseling;
- You are advised to drink more fluids;
- The volume of fluids taken is completely replaced by the body within 3-5 hours.
Thank you for reading and commenting...